There are different types of promotional products available in the market. If you want to make a unique symbol on customer’s mind then branded promotional products will be good idea. Branded promotional products form the most important part of a sales and marketing campaign of a company. If a wrong product is chosen, it would result in loss for the company as the money spent on product won’t be recovered due to the slow growth in sales.
Points to be kept in mind
- Target audience: Before choosing branded promotional products, the likes and dislikes of the customer segment which is to be targeted has to be taken into account. For example, if the product which is campaigned is for college students, then the target audience should be between the ages of 17-30 years. After determining this, make sure that the product aligns with the specific needs of the customers. Make sure that your product is frequently used by the customer to make your company stand out among others.
- Be the customer: If you think the product is silly, cheesy, inexpensive stuff just for random promotion, then it is possible that the customer thinking may not be far behind. It is important to know the mindset and thinking of the customer towards your product which will ensure the quality and usefulness of the product.
- Latest trends: Make sure that you are kept abreast of the latest trends which are present in the market. This will leave a great impression on the clients and will show as a contemporary thinker who knows the ins and outs of the market. Also, people are more attracted towards aesthetically appealing products which also serve a good purpose. One of the examples is having a single product which works as a pen as well as a pencil so that the customer does have to switch between the two.
- Quality: It is necessary that quality of the product be good enough. If the product is shoddy and cheap, it will leave a bad lasting impression on the minds of the customer. Good quality helps the customer to know that the company doesn’t compromise on the product in any way. Also, good quality products tend to last longer which will help your business logo to be exhibited for a longer period of time.
- Purpose: You should be clear about the main purpose of the corporate uniforms. Is it to raise awareness of the newly established company? Is to gain potential customers for the newly launched products? Is to increase sales of the currently sold products? Keep in mind the main purpose of the product which in turn will help you in determining the budget and choose from various available options. If you are searching a unique method then you can use these products as corporate gifts.
- Planning: Prepare well in advance for the promotional campaigns. Target the demographics which will lead to high growth in sales. Also, make sure that the time period is favourable e.g. Raincoats are sold in rainy season but shoes are sold all around the year. So the best time for marketing raincoats would be monsoon months whereas promotional campaigns for shoes could be held all round the year.